The YMCA needed major HVAC upgrades and just didn’t have the capital funding. So instead of continuing to defer maintenance or make “bandaid” repairs, they asked for help to figure out the root cause(s).
This project solved some problems that had been plaguing staff for years. The basement lockers near the showers would literally rain from the condensation. 3FFICIENT engineers resolved the issues and others while significantly reducing energy use and improving indoor conditions and safety. After the audit and incentive package was presented to the 21 member board of directors, we literally got a standing ovation. Needless to say, the project turned out splendidly.
- energy audit
- schematic design
- construction documents
- construction administration
- Energy Savings: 72 kW; 343,000 kWh/yr; 1,300 Therms/yr
- Emissions Savings: 313,232 lbs CO2 (GHG); 575lbs NOx (smog); 645 lbs SO2 (acid rain)
- Equivalent to planting 467 trees each year
- Equivalent to not driving 342,628 miles in a car annually
- Equivalent to powering 30 large homes with renewable energy