Join a growing company on a mission to make the environment better by helping companies and institutions be more efficient, productive and sustainable. We have great solutions and need help cutting through the noise acquiring new customers.
As a Vertical Sales Leader, you will drive business growth by leading customer acquisition in your vertical market. You will help us acquire strategic accounts. We will help them dramatically improve their operations. For most, we will slash their biggest expenses like utilities, maintenance and even taxes which in turn makes them a lot more profitable and valuable while going green. You succeed by bringing on new clients that want better profit margins. We will turn their expenses into assets!Income is commensurate with your results.
You will help acquire new business from our customer referrals, partner referrals, website leads, email campaigns, some trade shows, networking and cold calls.
You are a person of integrity and ethics who can communicate clearly with confidence verbally and in writing. You are an active listener and continually probe for insights to clarify your customer’s needs. You are able to educate clients on our solutions and value propositions to ensure they are gaining maximum value from our many solutions. You will be able to communicate with CFOsand owners to clarify their needs and clearly illustrate our value proposition.
You then coordinate the client’s needs into actionable tasks and reasonable timelines for our team to deliver and exceed their expectations! You have the ability to level set expectations and illustrate empathy while reassuring all stakeholders through solution development and implementation.
- Driven. Helping one customer is not enough. You want to help many!
- Strategic. You are good at or can learn how to “qualify” customers to differentiate between profitable customer and time wasters.
- A good communicator. You set reasonable expectations and work hard to exceed them always. You are good one on one, in small groups and in writing.
- Connected. You know your industry or vertical market well. You speak the language and understand what makes the businesses and organizations tick. You are highly regarded in that sphere of influence.
- Confidence. Even if you are not a subject matter expert, the customer knows you care about them and will work hard to create best value for them.
Experience and Skills:
- Verifiable track record of performance and results in your craft. You have a demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals.
- Comfortable with digital tools such as: email, presentations, spreadsheets and actively using a CRM (we currently use Hubspot).
- Fundamental understanding of operating expenses, corporate taxes and depreciation, energy, facilities and sustainability.
- Genuinely like clean technology and want to join us on our mission to save the environment by eliminating waste.
- Background or degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Digital Marketing or an acceptable combination of education and work experience is a plus.
- You are well connected and knowledgeable in one of the following vertical markets: commercial, industrial, retail, food service, food distribution, hospitality, healthcare, private education, cold storage, entertainment and sports venues.