If you’ve ever watched older films in high resolution, it’s probably been converted, restored or colorized by Technicolor Creative Services. As you can imagine, this is an exacting science and requires a high quality working environment.
When 3fficient was tapped to develop and manage energy upgrades for their campus in Glendale, CA, our movie buffs were excited to help. Technicolor’s buildings were originally converted from offices to lab spaces. As is common with many conversions, proper engineering is skipped, leaving comfort issues and higher than necessary energy and operating costs.
3fficient audited the facilities and utility costs, then designed and managed upgrades to modernize the building spaces for optimal productivity, comfort and energy savings. Various lighting and HVAC upgrades were implemented.
As a result, electric costs were reduced by 24% with capital improvements paying for themselves well under the desired 5 year threshold. 3fficient provided:
- Energy Audit
- Schematic Design
- Construction Documents
- Construction Administration
- Energy Savings: 113 kW; 693,971 kWh/yr
- Emissions Savings: 603,138 lbs CO2 (GHG); 1,154 lbs NOx (smog); 1,305 lbs SO2 (acid rain)
- Equivalent to planting 899 trees each year
- Equivalent to not driving 659,740 miles in a car annually
- Equivalent to powering 62 large homes with renewable energy