Want better savings?
Commissioning is the art and science of tuning a system, building or facility to function as it was intended. According to the US Department of Energy, retro-commissioning pays for itself in less than 2 years. Even faster when integrated into a retrofit or new design. At 3FFICIENT, we utilize the latest high-tech tools to maximize your system and building performance. We’ll root out the causes of operational problems before they happen or persist. While the corrections or enhancements are made, we’ll work with your operations staff, train them and document the final results to ensure sustainability. Better yet, we can integrate our state-of-the-art continuous commissioning system to make sure your buildings and systems stay running like a “finely tuned symphony” all the time. So whether commissioning a building for the first time or retro-commissioning an old one, our process is guaranteed to enhance comfort and safety while reducing utility costs with minimal or no cost to the owner.
We guarantee peak performance.
3fficient examines your building and energy systems, compares them to original designs (and state-of-the-art best practices), and works with your staff to implement necessary tune-ups and improvements to get energy and building systems to peak performance. Some of the benefits include:
- lower energy costs
- fewer trouble calls
- enhanced overall comfort
- longer lasting equipment life.
In some cases, we can do this at no cost to our clients. Call now.
4 solutions to choose from.
Our assisted commissioning services include:
- Retro-commissioning – a corrective action that usually pays for itself immediately. Historically, most buildings were never commissioned, owners change, operations change and staff change. It’s no wonder most buildings are operating well below their potential. RCx typically includes a building assessment, diagnostic monitoring and functional tests followed by tune-ups. Results and roadmap are provided for sustained results in the future.
- LEED-commissioning – required for certification – is a rigorous process to ensure that a building will operate at its designed peak performance for energy efficiency and comfort. LEED buildings are also required to be re-commissioning every three years to maintain USGBC certification.
Continuous commissioning – a process with modern monitoring and sensors that effectively automate the commissioning process. With the rapid improvements in sensors and cloud-based monitoring systems, this method is becoming the most valuable option. 3fficient is leading the revolution with low cost, super secure technologies that make smart building optimization seem like child’s play.
- Renewables Commissioning – formalizes quality control of installed solar PV, thermal and wind systems. The process ensures that systems are safe and performing as per their specifications. 3fficient has the equipment and experience to perform an intense evaluation of your renewable energy systems.
Why 3FFICIENT? 3FFICIENT solutions yield the highest sustainable cost savings and ROIs in the industry. Because:
- Insight. We address efficiency for all levels of an organization: from operations & maintenance to capital improvements with flexible financing and implementation.
- Practical. Our recommendations are practical and meet your constraints and economic criteria.
- Experience. We’ve improved operations at hundreds of facilities. Our team is led by seasoned experts in sustainable facility operations with core expertise in: energy, waste, water, communications, rebates and grants.
- Approach. We approach your buildings as systems and get to the root cause of inefficiencies. Our technicians and professional engineers work with your staff to minimize expenses and maximize value.
- Technology. We constantly stay abreast of the latest technologies and selectively work with some of the brightest new entrepreneurs to help them bring their new ideas to market. We have integrated all types of mechanical, electrical and controls systems.
We were really pleased how 3fficient educated us about energy efficiency, explored many options, came up with great "out of the box" solutions, and then walked us through the whole process.
Your team provided a direction that was in line with our specific needs. The project leverages our natural Southern California resources, and saves taxpayers money on our already tight budgets.
Your company's knowledge of LEED requirements is a refreshing change from the smoke screen that goes up when talking to firms with little experience. Your fees were appropriate to the requirements and you completed the project in a timely manner. Your assistance to our newly minted LEED AP was much appreciated.
This was an outstanding project from start to finish. Well done team. We will definitely consult with you again in the future.
This project was very beneficial to us. Your expertise helped us develop an energy master plan while saving energy and building in additional automation so we can respond to different utility price signals immediately.
Your team has really helped us shave a bundle off our renovation plans, not to mention lowering future energy costs and improving tenant comfort.
You guys sure turned our master planning upside down (in a positive way). It looks like we'll be a lot more efficient and provide service much more reliably than we have in the past and save more money than each year before.
We are dedicated to providing a high quality experience for our guests as well as environmental stewardship. This project accomplishes both by making our facilities better performing, more reliable and energy efficient. Thanks for the creative solutions!
This is an excellent project which has greatly reduced our operating costs and control, extended the life of our equipment and most importantly improved guest comfort. Thanks for the creative ideas and making my job easier!
We were fighting an uphill battle against rising utility costs and low cost foreign competitors. Your analysis of our operations and the solutions to lower our water usage by 95% will make a huge difference to our competitiveness.